WinRAR, developed by Eugene Roshal of Win.rar GmbH, is a trialware file archiver utility for Windows. This elegant software can intuitively create and view archives in Zip as well as RAR file formats and unpack plenty of archive file formats.
It supports creating encrypted, self-extracting archives, and encrypted archives as well. It embeds Blake2 and CRC32 checksums for each file in each archive. It is probably the windows-only program but you can also get one for Android while getting the ‘RAR for Android.
Some of its related programs include the command line RAR and UNRAR and versions of Linux, MS-Dos, FreeBSD, macOS, and others.
It features the unpacking of ARJ, TAR, ZIPX, ISO, JAR, LHA, BZIP2, CAB, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIP, GZ, RAR, 7z, 001 (split) archives as well as EXE files containing these archive formats. It also provides checksum verification for BZIP, CAB, ZIP, XZ, GZ, ARJ, 7z, and various others.
How to download WinRAR for free:
- You can simply open any of your desired browsers over your computer and search for WinRAR to get the search results.
- You can get the official site of WinRAR right at the top of the list and we have to open it immediately to get things done.
- After clicking over the first link available over the google search results or going to the above-mentioned site you can effortlessly get the WinRAR file to be download.
- Once opening the site, you are provided with two simple downloading buttons where the first button is for buying WinRAR or the button below it is Download WinRAR.
- You don’t have to buy WinRAR because you can simply click the Download WinRAR button to get a free setup of WinRAR.
- After clicking over the WinRAR button, it carries you to another window where are asked to buy WinRAR and get a small link named ‘continue to download WinRAR’.
- You have to click over that link to start the download of the exe file of WinRAR.
- Once the download is done, you have to open the file and get the installation wizard. You don’t have to click over anything.
- You can simply choose the file download destination and click on install to get it installed over your PC.
- When you open the WinRAR file, it popup a screen that lets you buy it, but you don’t have to buy it because it is free for a lifetime.
- You can then use the WinRAR to extract gif files or to compress files.
You can simply download the WinRAR file over your PCs for free and don’t ever have to buy its premium version because it’s free for a lifetime. By following these straightforward steps, you can intuitively download WinRAR for compressing and extracting files or doing whatever else you need for that. Just take a look at the simple installation procedure and get the WinRAR file download without spending any single penny or wasting any time or effort.