Steam is one of the most popular game-streaming services on the internet. That being said, it’s important to know how to use it correctly! Downloading speeds, of course, vary based on where you live, however, anyone can use this great method to increase your downloading speed, cutting out the waiting and the headaches! Following these simple steps will help you game like you’ve never gamed before; being able to download at super-fast speeds!this is the steps how to increase download speed on Steam!.
How to Download
- Go to the steam-setting page. This can be found by clicking on the Steam button in the upper-left-hand corner when you’re at the home page.
- The previous step will pop up a window, in which there are a variety of buttons. Click on the one that says “Downloads”.
- Now, once in here, there are 2 things to do: Clear your download cache and un-limit your bandwidth. Both of these steps are very important, as it will allow your computer to run at its full potential. If your bandwidth is limited, for example, it’ll be hard to download anything at a decent speed, especially if it’s set at a number as low as 500 KB/s.
- Un-limiting your bandwidth is a very important part of making sure that your overall performance when downloading doesn’t suffer. You’ll want to set your bandwidth to no limit, to have optimal performance on your computer.
- Next is to clear the cache! To do this, simply click on the “Clear Download Cache” button found at the button of the “Downloads” menu. Keep in mind that this process might take a while, depending on how full your cache is.
And there you have it! You can now try downloading a game and see the difference in your performance; with your cache cleared and your bandwidth running at full speed, you’ll be downloading games in no time!
The Importance of These Steps: increase download speed on Steam
It is very important to follow these steps appropriately, as going into some of the more advanced developer options might end up messing up some of your games. Making sure that you follow the steps accordingly and don’t wander into other options, no matter how tempting they may be. On top of this, making sure that you aren’t downloading too many things at once is a good general rule. This is due to having multiple downloads typically cutting down downloading times significantly. That’s why it’s important to download games one at a time, to download games at an appropriate speed. Following these steps will ensure you’re downloading your games at the fastest speeds possible!
As we can now see, it’s pretty easy to increase download speeds, even for someone with little knowledge of technology. Thankfully, with this easy-to-follow guide, you too will be able to have supersonic speeds! So you can spend less time waiting and more time gaming! Just make sure to follow the instructions carefully, and try not to find yourself going into developer mode (unless of course, you know what you’re doing.)