The Internet download manager is also known as IDM is a download manager that is only available for the Microsoft window. It is an application owned by an American company. This allows you to handle various downloads at a single time.
It also variously streams the files to download them in a faster way. This has numerous queues. You can recover the last files and download links. It has recovery and resumes capabilities to recover downloads interrupted due to connection loss, network issues, and power outages.
How to download
If you’re finding how to download and install the Internet Download Manager (IDM) application on your computer. IDM is a tool to download files. It lets you manage, pause, resume, and schedule browser downloads. It also increases your download speeds up to 5x. IDM is available for Windows only and will work with most Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. You can free download it by following these steps:
- Open the Internet browser. Type https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com in the address bar. Then press Enter or Return on your keyboard. The Internet Download Manager website in your device will be opened up.
- Click the Try Free Internet Download Manager button. It’s an orange button at the bottom of the software information on the website.
- Double click on the installer file and run it on your computer. Find the installer file in the Downloads folder and double-click it to start the installation wizard.
- The most recent installation file is named “idman633build3.exe“. The name of the installation file may change as new versions are released by the developer.
- Click on Next. This will open the IDM license agreement.
- Click on the box and check the image titled Windows10unchecked.png”I accept the terms”. You will need to agree to the software license terms to proceed with the installation.
- Click on Next. This will confirm that you accept the terms of the license and ask you to select a site for the software.
- Click Browse to change the installation location (optional). If you want to specify a different location to install the program than the default directory, click this button and specify where you want to install it.
- Click on the “Create an icon” box (optional) and uncheck it. With this option selected, you will create a new desktop shortcut icon.
- It enables you to use this shortcut to quickly open IDM. This has been selected, done by default. When not selected, it will not create a desktop shortcut.
- Click Next. This will install IDM on your computer. You can track the installation on the green progress bar on the installation page.
- Click “Finish”. When the installation is finished, click this button to close the installer window. Now, it’s time for the usage of manger to download from various manners.
- Restart your internet browser. The disturbances of changes will take place when you reset the browse only. Otherwise, you can simply open the browser and close it without any problem.